mMagBicarb is the highest grade magnesium hydroxide that is tested at a 99.9% purity (no fishy, metal taste). Magnesium is a foundational mineral for the human body that gets used up in mass quantities under any stress, whether that physical or mental. With the lack of Magnesium in our food and water, we must supplement to perform at our best. Taking magnesium is excellent to be used inside your cells, but magnesium bicarbonate (magnesium hydroxide + carbonated water) is the only form of magnesium used inside your mitochondria. 3 oz.
MagBicarb is a game-changer and will help with every aspect of your health.
Helps lower stress levels and relax
Increases brain performance
Good for heart health
1. Measure 1 tsp of mMagBicarb.
2. Without agitating it, open the chilled liter bottle of carbonated water. When the initial fizzing settles down (but don’t wait too long) slowly add the mMagbicarb and tightly re-cap the bottle to minimize loss of CO2.
3. Shake and set aside for 10-15 minutes. The bottle will harden as the reaction proceeds—then as it nears completion, the sides of the plastic bottle will cave in. This is the reaction:
Mg(OH)2 + 2CO2 > Mg(HCO3)2.
4. Shake the bottle again (several times over the course of the next 20 minutes is ideal) and refrigerate.
5. When the liquid clears, (typically within another 20-30 minutes) the mMagBicarb in the carbonated water should have reacted with the CO2 to become concentrated magnesium bicarbonate water.
7. Mature overnight and store in the refrigerator. Depending on the source of water used for dilution, the pH will end up being between 8.0 and 8.5.
8. Start with 2-3 ounces/day on an empty stomach and work up to 16oz of magnesium bicarbonate water/day—if you want to take therapeutic levels. Drinking too much of this water too fast will cause loose bowel movements.
Magnesium Hydroxide 375mg per 1/2 tsp